Cyprus Permanent Residency By Investment
Many non-EU citizens consider Cyprus as the preferred country for permanent residence. EU member status apart, there are significant advantages to becoming a permanent resident of Cyprus, including the favourable tax regime for both individuals and companies, personal freedom, safety and security, and the opportunity to engage in business across the EU.
Becoming a Permanent Resident of Cyprus
The process of acquiring Permanent Residence status for Non-EU citizens and their families is straightforward for those who meet the criteria and conditions set down by the Government of Cyprus.
- Applicant must gather all necessary papers required for application. The documents must be officially translated into Greek or English and certified with apostille (if in a country which has signed the Hague Convention of 1961) or stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and relevant Cyprus Embassy.
- Selected property/ies (through visit to Cyprus or via correspondence). Sign purchase agreement and transfer funds to a secure account. Receipt issued by developer, which is required for application.
- Payment of submission fee €500 for the applicant.
- Application lodged, together with the property purchase agreement and all required documents, at the Civil Registry and Migration Department (CRMD).
- Fast Track Residence Permit form CRMD within a 3 month period.
- Applicants must visit Cyprus after receiving approval to provide authorities with their Biometric Data and to collect their Residence Permit Cards.
- The Immigration Permit issued to an applicant covers his/her spouse and children under the age of 18.